Definition of Personal Information
"Personal information" is information regarding a living individual which can be used to identify that specific individual by descriptions included in the information, such as name and date of birth, or information that can be easily cross-checked with other information to identify that specific individual.
Collection of Personal Information
The NIPPECO website may collect personal customer information when a customer makes an inquiry. When collecting such information, we will clearly state the purpose of use and collect it in a lawful and fair manner with the customer's consent.
Use of Personal Information
The purposes of use of personal customer information which customers submit on the NIPPECO website are as follows.
- 1. As reference information to be used when confirming, researching for or replying to a customer inquiry to NIPPECO or its products or services
- 2. To send information that may be useful to customers, such as information about NIPPECO's new products or services and functional improvements
- 3. As reference statistical information for developing new products or services that may be useful to customers (Such personal data will be anonymized in such a manner that the data subject is not identifiable.)
NIPPECO does not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties without obtaining customer consent, except under the following circumstances.
- 1. Disclosure to NIPPECO's affiliated companies or subcontractors for the purposes of use described above
- 2. Disclosure required by laws and regulations, and disclosure necessary to cooperate with government agencies, local public agencies or parties authorized thereby, in their executing duties under applicable laws and regulations
- 3. Disclosure required for the protection of human life, limb or property and when obtaining customer consent is difficult
Secure Management of Personal Information
NIPPECO takes rational, organizational, physical, human and technological measures to securely manage personal customer information. By appropriately handling personal customer information according to the relevant laws and regulations, we prevent such risks as unauthorized access, loss, tampering and divulgence.
Correction or Deletion of Personal Information
To make a request for correction or deletion of personal customer information, contact NIPPECO by accessing the following link:
Person in charge: Hiroshi Takeda, General Affairs & Financial Dept.